SOCIAL MEDIA 2011
Who will be attending the PR event of the year?
Senior Decision Makers From Canada’s Top 100 Companies Including Leaders From The Following Industries:
- Consumer Goods
- Health and Beauty
- Food and Drink
- IT Telecoms
- Entertainment and Media
- Electronic Goods
- Banking and Finance
- Oil and Gas
With The Following Job Titles:
CMO’s, CCO’s, VPs, Directors, Managers & Heads Of…
- Public Relations
- Digital Strategy
- Internet Strategy
- Social Media
- Web Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Web Management
- Media Relations
- External Relations
- Market Segments
- Corporate Communication
- Corporate Affairs
- Web Strategy Consultants
- Social Marketing Agencies
- Interactive Marketing Agencies
- Communications Companies
- Internet Consulting
- Advertising Agencies
- Analytical Software Suppliers
- Leading PR Consultancy Firms
- Leading Social Media Software Providers
- Online Web Editors From Top Social Media Sites
- Search Engine Operators
Group Director of Marketing Solutions
Alfredo Tan is Group Director of Marketing Solutions at Facebook, where he leads a team responsible for strategic marketing relationships with agencies and Fortune 500 companies across Canada. Prior to Facebook, Alfredo was responsible for a broad portfolio as a Senior Director at Yahoo! in charge of leading the Mobile, Business Development and Search Marketing teams. He also managed the Rogers Yahoo! Partnership across media, internet, and wireless. Alfredo has also worked as Strategic Alliances Director at Sympatico MSN and was responsible for media sales, business development and strategic partnerships.
Before entering the exciting world of digital media and the Internet, he worked in enterprise marketing and strategy at Bell Canada where he played a key role in developing and negotiating the Strategic Alliance between Cisco Systems and Bell Canada. He started his career in high tech as a Systems Engineer at Bell Nexxia, consulting for some of Canada’s largest financial institutions. Alfredo currently sits on the board of directors of the Interactive Advertising Bureau in Canada. Previously, Alfredo was a lifestyle coach & personal trainer, holding numerous national certifications. He was also a writer and fitness consultant for a Toronto-based adventure magazine. Alfredo holds a Bachelor’s degree in Forensic Science & Biology from the University of Toronto, a Master’s degree with a specialization in Information Systems & Technology from McMaster University. He has also completed Executive Programs at the Harvard Business School.
November 30 - December 1, 2011 Toronto
In a commercial landscape that is ever-shifting from television and radio advertising to e-marketing and social media......
...it is vital for multi-national organizations to be able communicate their messages and measure their followers effectively through social media.
Because of this, Social Media For PR & Comms: Increasing ROI will bring together Directors and leading VPs from a selection of Canada’s Top 100 Companies to share best practices for developing a social media strategy to benchmark online business success and maximize return on investment.
It is the only Social Media event designed specifically for the PR and Communications sector that examines best practices for launching and developing an effective social media plan, mitigating PR crises and delivering consistently engaging communications.
In summary, Social Media For PR & Comms: Increasing ROI will deliver solutions on the following:
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLANNING: Understanding how to effectively integrate a social media strategy into your existing media channels
- TURNING FOLLOWERS INTO SALES: Appraising how to effectively increase and engage with your followers through social media to broaden your online community and increase follower spending
- CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Understanding the relevant social media strategies to effectively minimize reputation damage following a public relations crisis
- MONITORING SOFTWARE: Understanding how to identify and incorporate the most suitable social media monitoring software packages to derive relevant indicators for measuring online success
- FUTURE FORECASTS: Identifying how to plan for changing online trends and maintain long term capability to tap into consumer demands